The Levinarian

Though time, space, and social awkwardness have conspired to separate us, let us not be separated!

"Weeping goes unheard; laughter does not" - Benjamin Franklin

Samuel Adams: "Is that crying yon?"

B.F.: "Nay. 'Tis but a backwards guffaw."

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

'Kidnapped' Soda Jerk

Delroy calling.
I'd seen the 'No Parking' signs on the street so I already knew what he wanted: another witness to his explosion.
"Planning for an explosion is like planning to fall in love," I said. "If you don't flinch, you know it ain't for real."
"What the hell's that supposed to mean?"
"It means if you're not surprised, it ain't love, it's window shopping. No, wait, it means if you know it's coming then you can duck it, and you don't get to play dodgeball with this Shamus' heart, Alease... anyway I can't because I've got some mediocre improv to do. Catch ya later, Delroy."
I hung up, and let'em blow up Greenpoint without me.
[The above prose was inspired by the new DVD 'Brick' which is about what happens when teenagers talk like Humphrey Bogart.]

The local news said Harvard research revealed that drinking a can of soda a day can result in 15 extra pounds a year. I hope the boys at Harvard invent a soda with the great taste of sugar but none of the calories and have it in my fridge by lunchtime tomorrow. Or world peace, whichever is fine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that brick movie sounds like "a clever twist filled whodunit."(Claudia Puig, USA Today) I would make a humpfrey bogart movie where they all talk like inarticulate tenth graders. With a million dollars I could do it, too. Anyway, catch you on the flip sizzle, D-Levz.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home