The Levinarian

Though time, space, and social awkwardness have conspired to separate us, let us not be separated!

"Weeping goes unheard; laughter does not" - Benjamin Franklin

Samuel Adams: "Is that crying yon?"

B.F.: "Nay. 'Tis but a backwards guffaw."

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Beat My Heart S'Kidnapped'

I walked home from an unabated streak of dreadful improv Monday night to find no Delroy, no Elouise. I examined the 'No Parking' signs along Franklin Street and now they read: "We start filming Tuesday morning, fool."

During one shot of 'FBI Clerk: The Series' last week, a young woman named Elise improv'd showing me important things on computer screens as Delroy and his exposition walked past. Then I would pat her on the back and pick up the phone at the next desk. It was electric. Elise has lived in Australia, and is originally from Connecticut. Our conversation grew so pleasant between takes that when she left to do stand-in work, I looked forward to seeing her again back in Holding(where background waits until needed; SAG has their tables and we have ours, and that's the way the Jets and the Sharks like it), but we were all dismissed before she returned.
"Five minutes," I thought, "That's how long I'll give my future wife."
But Elise(sp?) did not return within the time allotted. Now we only have a few seconds on film together forever this Fall on NBC.

p.s. It has occurred to me that Alease was SAG while I was Non, and any attempts at anything would have resulted in monster sour baby grapes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Have faith. I do. I believe Alease will show up for an Emmy-worthy background clerk role on the inevitable spin-off: "Eloise!" You'll get no more than one season, though, so make sure to provide plenty of instruction for the casting people: Australian Nutmeggers are HOT.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home