The Levinarian

Though time, space, and social awkwardness have conspired to separate us, let us not be separated!

"Weeping goes unheard; laughter does not" - Benjamin Franklin

Samuel Adams: "Is that crying yon?"

B.F.: "Nay. 'Tis but a backwards guffaw."

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Un'Kidnapped' My Heart

Where I live in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, there's a gritty industrial sector that television shows and films love to location in, so as I made my way home from performing painful improv early Sunday morning, it was no surprise to see 'No Parking' signs posted along Franklin Street for Monday and Tuesday. What did surprise me was the name of the production listed: 'Kidnapped'.
"That must be a misprint," I thought before checking six other signs.
Why hadn't Delroy told me? I must have mentioned where I lived out loud at least once. And why was the show still called 'Kidnapped' and not 'Delroy and Elouise Will Find Your Children'? He's going to be shooting less than a BLOCK from where I live, and I don't even warrant a phone call from one of his "people". Maybe he'll call Sunday. Really they don't start until Monday 7am so they might not call right up until then, and maybe they don't need me until Tuesday so they'll call last minute Monday, oh, you know how these tv people are. I should put my phone on 'silent' so my heart doesn't seize with every ring, but then what if they need me right away? Damn you, DL, damn you... oh, I'm sure it's a mistake. I'll walk by the set 7 times an hour just to make sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home