The Levinarian

Though time, space, and social awkwardness have conspired to separate us, let us not be separated!

"Weeping goes unheard; laughter does not" - Benjamin Franklin

Samuel Adams: "Is that crying yon?"

B.F.: "Nay. 'Tis but a backwards guffaw."

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Friday, July 14, 2006

Law & Order

I watch Law and Order about once every two months and every time I do, it's about the murder of a latino kid who sold test answers to his classmates. This type of crime doesn't worry me too much as I'm no longer in school, but it does reinforce the fear that one day when I am rich, my son might become resentful of a minority who's smarter than he is, murder him, and then try to take his own life before he's had a chance to read Camus. On a subconscious level, this keeps me poor and single, but worry free.

This episode also has it all: class warfare through the lens of minority and celebrity, big pharma as scapegoat, and Kathleen Turner. Holy shit! As I write this, it also has Ali Farahnakian, founder of the Peoples Improv Theater(where I do improv) playing an expert witness. Wow, he has lost a lot of weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home