The Levinarian

Though time, space, and social awkwardness have conspired to separate us, let us not be separated!

"Weeping goes unheard; laughter does not" - Benjamin Franklin

Samuel Adams: "Is that crying yon?"

B.F.: "Nay. 'Tis but a backwards guffaw."

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Monday, October 23, 2006

'Kidnapped: CANCELLED'...for REALS...

As my first paid acting gig and the subject of the first The Levinarian posting, the cancellation of 'Kidnapped' has hit me so hard, I can only express what I'm feeling through this

:(

Any hopes of reuniting on the set with the July 12 to August 9th loves of my life, Delroy Lindo and Alease Connecticut(since I never learned her last name, I've decided to name her after the region of Italy from which she came), has been cancelled and the window dressing that was the show along with it.
Can 'Rescue Me' and beaver-face be far behind?
Having never actually watched 'Kidnapped', I can't tell you "what went wrong", but if you, having never watched it don't know either, then we might be on to something. Efforts to blame this on what the New York Times called my "wooden and tawdry" background acting, or my July 30, 2006 The Levinarian birthday wish entry entitled 'Kidnapped: CANCELLED' could be justified. I must admit, this show was cancelled a long time ago in my heart, on or around August 10th.
So long, Delroy. Maybe someday Alease and I will meet on some subway platform, fall in love all over again, have kids, and irresponsibly leave them in a Safeway for you to waylay and wee-turn(I imagine our child, Jaden, having an adorable speech impediment. Maybe you could do something about that while you've got him).
Until then,
Elouise

PS. The same tv obit page that brought me news of Kidnapped's passing also reminded readers of the cancellation of another Richard Dean Anderson vehicle Delroy Lindo wasn't in: "MacGiver". MacGiver always found the most creative last minute gifts for people. I'll never forget the episode where he was about to leave the parking lot of a mall when he remembered his niece's birthday so he fashioned her a pipebomb from two shopping carts and a Vespa. The world could use another show like that right about now.

References

'FBI Clerk: The Series' The Levinarian, July 12, 2006

Un'Kidnapped' My Heart The Levinarian, July 16, 2006

The Beat My Heart S'Kidnapped' The Levinarian, July 18, 2006

'FBI Clerk Returns Home!' The Levinarian, July 19, 2006

'Kidnapped II: The Fantastic Return' The Levinarian, July 28, 2006

'Kidnapped: CANCELLED' The Levinarian, July 30, 2006

'Rescue Me: Cemetery Heat' The Levinarian, August 3, 2006

'Kidnapped' Soda Jerk The Levinarian, August 9, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home